The best thing about the New Year is that it’s only a new beginning and a fresh start if you want it to be. But then again, June 2 can be one, can’t it? December 27th can be one too. It’s not about the date so much as the feeling of starting over and having another chance that always feels so great to me. And why not do it on the first?
I usually make weight goals as my resolutions, but since I finally lost all the weight I wanted and have kept it off for a few years, I feel confident in leaving that one behind. My goals for this year are different than they have been in previous years because my outlook on life is different. What was important years ago has taken on new meaning. So, without further discussion, my goals are simple and as follows:
1. Finish editing novel #1 and submit to agents.
2. Finish writing novel #2.
3. Forgive myself for the crap I’ve done this year. What the hell, I should start with a new slate of crap, right?
4. More discipline. It’s about time I stick to a schedule (or at least try this year.) Any help on that matter is most appreciated. How do you stick to a schedule?
5. Spend as much time with my daughter as possible. She gets her driver’s license this year, which means I will see less and less of her now. So, I’ll spend as much time as I can before my time is limited.
6. Spend as much time with my new nephew as possible. He’ll be born any day now and will live just 15 minutes away. No reason not to see him weekly and hug him as much as possible. Starting out in life, you can never have too many hugs.
7. Stay away from bullshit. I’m old enough now to resolve that I don’t want to be around it and I don’t have to be polite and put up with it. Life’s too short to put up with crap anymore.
8. Blog more often. Isn’t this fun? I’m going to spend more time blogging, learning about blogging and promoting myself (as an author and all around fun person who doesn’t like bullshit…)
Here’s to your New Year, free from crap and full of hugs and friendship. Thanks for following this year and making it a fun and prosperous year for me.